Terms for Rentals with Island Accommodation
Confirmation and Cancellation
- A deposit of 50% of the total nights booked confirms the rental. The balance of payment is due 14 days prior to arrival.
- If you need to cancel a booking please let us know as soon as possible so we may offer the property to others.
- Should YOU choose to cancel the booking: A refund, less any rental shortfall, will be provided if a replacement booking can be found. Otherwise, the following cancellation charges apply:
- •Cancellation ordinarily results in a cancellation charge amounting to 50.0% of the total booking charge
- •Cancellation within 14 days of the scheduled start of stay results in a cancellation charge amounting to 100.0% of the total booking charge
- We cannot refund if the cancellation is received less than fourteen days from the date of arrival, except in exceptional circumstances and at our discretion or another booking replaces this cancellation. In the event of either sea air transport being cancelled, clients are encouraged to use the alternative means of transport. In the unusual event of extreme weather conditions when both boat and air cancels, we would encourage you to re-book at a convenient time for the future.
- There is no refund for early departures.
- Should events arise beyond my control, regarding the availability of the property rented, then the booking may be cancelled, in which event, all monies paid as deposit shall be refunded in full and the lessee shall have no further claims against the rental agent.
Please contact us for availability and rates on specific properties. In order to confirm a booking a deposit by bank transfer of 50% of the total cost of the nights booked is required with the balance payable fourteen days prior to arrival.
Conditions of Rental:
- 1. No caravans, tents or other accommodation will be placed on the property.
- 2. The number of persons (including children) using the property will not exceed the numbers stated above.
- 3. Should you vacate the premises prior to the confirmed vacating date, no refund is due to you.
- 4. You agree to respect the rights of the neighbours, particularly in regard to noise.
- 5. You agree not to keep animals on the property, unless prior arrangements are made.
- 6. You will be responsible for any breakages or damage caused to the property during your stay and you agree to be held responsible for any and all charges due and payable on this holiday home booking.
- 7. No smoking inside the property. Smoking is only permitted outside.
- 8. Upon departure the property shall be left in a tidy condition with all dishes washed and rubbish removed.
- 9. The property should be vacated by 10am on date of departure unless prior arrangements are made.
The Rental Agreement and Contract (the “Agreement”) is a legally binding agreement made and entered into as of the Reservation Date written on the Confirmation of Booking by and between the undersigned person(s) or company (the “Guest”) and the undersigned owner, manager or agent (“Rental Agent”), pursuant to which the Guest has agreed to rent the residence described below (the “Property”), for the duration of the Rental Term for the Total Rental Fee and other good and valuable consideration as described herein.
- OCCUPANCY: Guest agrees that no more than the toal number of adults and children as stated in the Confirmation of Booking shall be permitted on the Property at any time during the Rental Term, all of whom shall comply with the conditions and restrictions imposed upon Guest under this Agreement.
- CONDITION AND USE OF PROPERTY: The Property is provided in “as is” condition. Rental Agent shall use its best efforts to ensure the operation of all amenities in the Property. Rental Agent shall not be held responsible for such items failure to work, but will make every effort to correct any issues as reported as quickly as possible. Guest acknowledges that use of amenities such as pools, spas, heating, decks, and the like may be potentially dangerous and involve potential risks if improperly used, particularly with regard to children and such use is at the Guest’s own risk. Guest shall use the Property for residential purposes only and in a careful manner to prevent any damage or loss to the Property and keep the Property in clean and sanitary condition at all times. Guest and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbours, nor shall Guest use the Property for any immoral, offensive or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law, association rules or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the Property.
- DEFAULT: If Guest should fail to comply with the conditions and obligations of this Agreement, Guest shall surrender the Property, remove all Guest’s property and belongings and leave the Property in good order and free of damage. No refund of any portion of the Total Rental Fee shall be made and if any legal action is necessary, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement from the other party for all costs incurred.
- ASSIGNMENT OR SUBLEASE: Guest shall not assign or sublease the Property or permit the use of any portion of the Property by other persons who are not family members or guests of the Guest and included within the number of and as permitted occupants under this Agreement.
- RISK OF LOSS AND INDEMNIFICATION: Guest agrees that all personal property, furnishings, personal affects and other items brought into the Property by Guest or their permitted guests and visitors shall be at the sole risk of Guest with regard to any theft, damage, destruction or other loss and Rental Agent shall not be responsible or liable for any reason whatsoever. Guest hereby covenants and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Rental Agent and their agents, owners, successors, employees and contractors from and against any costs, damages, liabilities, claims, legal fees and other actions for any damages, costs, attorneys fees incurred by Guest, permitted guests, visitors or agents, representatives or successors of Guest due to any claims relating to destruction of property or injury to persons or loss of life sustained by Guest or family and visitors of Guest in or about the Property and Guest expressly agrees to save and hold Rental Agent harmless in all such cases.
- RELEASE: Guest hereby waives and releases any claims against Rental Agent, the Property owner and their successors, assigns, employees or representatives, officially or otherwise, for any injuries or death that may be sustained by Guest on or near or adjacent to the Property, including any common facilities, activities or amenities. Guest agrees to use any such facilities or amenities entirely at the Guest’s own initiative, risk and responsibility.
- ENTRY AND INSPECTION: Rental Agent or the Property owner and their successors, assigns, employees or representatives, officially or otherwise, reserves the right to enter the Property at reasonable times and with reasonable advance notice for the purposes of inspecting the Property or showing the Property to prospective purchasers, renters or other authorized persons. If Rental Agent or the Property owner and their successors, assigns, employees or representatives, officially or otherwise, has a reasonable belief that there is imminent danger to any person or property, they may enter the Property without advance notice.
- UNAVAILABILITY OF PROPERTY: In the event the Property is not available for use during the Rental Term due to reasons, events or circumstances beyond the control of Rental Agent, Rental Agent will apply due diligence and good faith efforts to locate a replacement property that equals or exceeds the Property with respect to occupancy capacity, location and value that meets the reasonable satisfaction of the Guest. If such replacement property cannot be found and made available, Rental Agent shall immediately return all payments made by the Guest, whereupon this Agreement shall be terminated and Guest and Rental Agent shall have no further obligations or liabilities in any manner pertaining to this Agreement.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS TO THE RENAL AGREEMENT: In addition to the standard terms included herein, Guest acknowledges and agrees that the following additional terms and conditions apply to the Guest’s rental of the Property:
- GENERAL PROVISIONS: This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties with regard to the rental of the Property, and any changes, amendments or modifications hereof shall be void unless the same are in writing and signed by both the Guest and the Rental Agent. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand. The words “Rental Agent” and “Guest” shall include their respective heirs, successors, representatives. The waiver or failure to enforce any breach or provision of this Agreement shall not be considered a waver of that or any other provision in any subsequent breach thereof. If any provision herein is held invalid, the remainder of the Agreement shall not be affected. Any notice required to be given under this Agreement shall be in writing and sent to the contact information included herein. This Agreement may be signed in one or more counterparts, each of which is an original, but taken together constitute one in the same instrument. Execution of a digital signature shall be deemed a valid signature.
Island Accommodation - Phone: 021-138-7293 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2012 - Designed by AurelienD